Responsible for the safe and efficient operational activities for the Mystic 7 generating facility. The facility is a nominal 565 MW oil/natural gas fueled facility. Featuring 1 - CE Controlled Circulation Boiler @ 4,200,000 lbs/hr, 1 - G.E. Tandem Compound Double Flow Turbine-Generator, 1 - Auxiliary Package Boiler and 1 - 12 MW Rolls Royce Avon Simple Cycle Gas Turbine. Specific responsibilities and duties include:
· The title Engineer designates employees whose responsibilities and duties require professional knowledge, and aptitude for creative thinking in some specific field of engineering, such as electrical, electronic, mechanical chemical, civil, heating and ventilating, or structural, and whose activities are in connection with engineering, construction, operation or maintenance assignments, or other technical work of the Company.
· Engineers must effectively coordinate their work activities with others such as: engineers or others working on the same projects; personnel of other departments; representatives of consulting engineering firms, municipalities, other utilities, manufacturers, customers, contractors or contractor’s employees engaged in related activities.
· It will be essential for Engineers engaged in certain activities involving other departments to acquire familiarity with any applicable rules and procedures established by those departments such as “Permit” procedure, “Red Tagging” procedures, Safety Rules and procedures, System Operating Department routines, etc.
· Under general supervision, directs, performs and is responsible for engineering work assignable to Engineers; without limitations except for those specific areas where it is agreed work of the Engineer Grade IV level exists. The work assignments require high proficiency in some phase or a thorough knowledge of diversified phases of the Company’s engineering or technical activities in connection with the design, construction, operation, utilization, inspection, testing or maintenance of: equipment, apparatus, structures, and the safety procedures related there to, as well as requiring a thorough knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures and a working knowledge of the Company's engineering practices applicable to his area of activity.
· Directs and instructs an employee of the same grade who is assisting him/her in the performance of an assignment and employees of lower ratings and others as directed, on associated work assignments. Under directive supervision, assists Engineers of higher grade.
· Conducts engineering surveys or tests for which there are definite established methods of procedure.
· Prepares comprehensive engineering or technical reports and correspondence of a complex nature including: analyses, calculations, conclusions, recommendations, cost study estimates, forecasts, schedules, plans, specifications, work standards, etc., related to the work of this grade.
· Represents the Department and the Company in contacts with other departments, customers, other utilities, and Municipal, State, or other governmental agencies, contractors, and vendors in connection with the work of this grade, as directed.
· Performs the work of lower grade.
· All of the above listed responsibilities and duties and:
· Under general supervision, is assigned work and responsibilities requiring a demonstrated high degree of proficiency in connection with the most specialized and highly responsible engineering activities in agreed upon areas of the Company. The assignments generally offer latitude for independent action, judgment and decision and the exercise of considerable delegated responsibility for planning, designing and interpreting in the field of engineering requiring a broad knowledge of Company practices and policies.
· Directs and instructs employees of the same and lower grades, and others as directed. Under directive supervision, assists employees of higher grades.
· Is responsible for assigned projects requiring the exercise of considerable independent judgment on matters of a highly complex engineering nature involving, creative thinking and which may involve the utilization of advanced and new technology. These projects may embrace various engineering activities requiring high proficiency in connection with the design, application, installation, utilization, operation and safety of structures, apparatus and equipment.
· Prepares comprehensive engineering reports of a highly complex nature related to the work of this grade.
· Performs the work of Engineers of lower grades.
Grade IV: Must have demonstrated qualities of leadership and the ability to plan work for, to coordinate and direct the activities of, and to work with individuals and groups engaged in engineering and technical activities.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.