Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Systems and Services Division is seeking a Power Systems Automation Field Service Technician. The Power Systems Automation Field Service Technician will be based out of either: Glendale Heights, Buffalo Grove, Des Plaines, Elk Grove Village, Highland, Lombard, Rockford OR Westmont, Illinois.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
The Power Systems Automation group is a full-service systems integrator with the capabilities to integrate the necessary equipment and technologies, to provide a complete, power automation solution. This team of engineers and technicians brings extensive skills and experiences with a variety of leading HMI software packages enabling us to design graphically rich, easy-to-use operator interfaces that take advantage of the latest standalone or web-based technologies. Our experience transcends a multitude of equipment manufacturers, software packages, and network architectures, including all major OEMs HMI, PLCs, and components. We offer single point responsibility, a high level of engineering and systems integration expertise, and a unified focus on cost effective solutions, seamless integration, HMI development, energy management tools, and professional turnkey system design and implementation.
- Provide on-site implementation of Power Management and mission critical monitoring and control systems including Power Xpert, Foreseer, PowerNet, and next generation Power Monitoring platforms
- Provide applied engineering and consultation to customers in the areas of system integration, installation, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of power management, control, and mission critical systems.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
- Programming of PLC control systems (Power Control, Generator Control, and SCADA)
- Commissioning experience
- Experience with HMI (Human Machine Interface) software and power monitoring software packages.
- Working knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as Modbus, SNMP, OPC, DDE, TCP/IP.
- Strong computer skills required with Windows Operating Systems and Databases.
- Intermediate Networking skills including the ability to troubleshoot network hardware and interfaces, including Ethernet and Fiber
- Knowledge of power quality meters, trip units, protective relays and UPS
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Advanced understanding of the company’s and competitor’s automation and power management systems and services.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with automation and power management systems.
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers, salespeople, and other team members on a technical level.
- Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Ability to travel within the US and outside of the US without restrictions
- Associates degree from an accredited institution AND/OR military experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with Power Management, Power Control, Mission Critical, or Building Management systems.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided. This position is open geography. Candidates must reside within 50 miles locations listed.
- Minimum 3+ years experience with critical power design or working knowledge of packaged equipment solutions relevant to the data center market.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE or IS from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3+ years of Field Service work experience
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.