1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Pr. Associate, Digital Product Management
In the Consumer Bank, we’ve combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We’ve challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
Do you want to change the way the world interacts with their money? Do you have an opinion on whether shipping is more important than perfection? Have you geeked out on the possibilities of the blockchain or how this storm of new payment platforms can fit together lately? Have you wondered why the innovation we’ve seen transform other industries hasn’t disrupted banking yet? Then we want you! As a Senior Product Manager focusing on Bank Research and Development, you’ll be joining a passionate team of product managers, designers, engineers, analysts and designers working to redefine how millions of customers interact with their bank, bring cutting-edge technologies to the financial industry, rethink how we do business, and revel in making significant impacts in an ever evolving competitive landscape.
On any given day in the Bank you’ll be:
- Empowered. Identifying ways that new technologies or new ways of doing business could transform the bank.
- Sharing openly. Pitching peers and executives with stories that change the way they think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what technology or new approaches can do.
- Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change by developing a point-of-view, starting small, testing, and learning your way to something new.
- Learning constantly. Soaking up everything that is going on in the startup world, the banking world and technology, and using what you learn to build cutting-edge solutions.
- Building new product. Working with development teams and designers to do what really will help you learn, shipping to customers.
- Connecting creatively. Spreading the world through community, relationships, and storytelling to ensure that R&D initiatives reach their full potential.
- Succeeding strategically. Knowing where the leverage is, solving the right problem, and passing on the wrong one. Getting big by starting small.
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious. You invent, you ask why, you explore, you have a well-formed opinion, and you keep working your elevator pitch of an idea until people become believers.
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You see how technology shifts can lead to huge business opportunities before others do.
- Passionate. You love ideas, but love seeing ideas become reality even more. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what’s possible.
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. Maybe you’re an introvert, or maybe you’re an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Wrangler. When it’s time to build something, you know how to make a team really crank out product features, while still liking each other. Your design teams love you, so do your developers. You consider them friends but have gone through the tough times with them as well.
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. When people say something sounds crazy, you are motivated to show them it’s actually possible.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and “bought in” leadership environment
- At least 2 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences and/or core product platforms that power those experiences.
- At least 2 years of digital industry experience for consumer products
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience with delivering full-stack technology solutions (web, mobile, backend)
- At least 1 year of experience as a participant in Agile development processes
- Engineering Degree and/or MBA
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.