At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Precision Coating Technician for the Corporate Research Process Laboratory (CRPL) located in Woodbury, Minnesota. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
This position will provide extensive technical challenges and requires cross-functional teamwork with key researchers and development partners. The position includes working on various state-of-the-art processing machinery in support of technology development programs that rely on the precise configuration, operation and maintenance of these processing systems.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Configuring, operating, and maintaining processes and equipment incorporating web mechanics, coating and/or printing, drying, curing, analysis and characterization.
- Conducting designed experiments to support lead researchers that must develop a thorough understanding of how materials and process parameters affect final product properties.
- Ability to work independently and with multidisciplinary team members.
- Ability to make recommendations with respect to material formulation and/or process modifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of technician experience
- Associates or Two Year Technical program certificate in electrical, mechanical or process engineering
- 3M experience working across multiple disciplines, businesses and/or departments
- Minimum of one (1) year coating experience
- Microsoft Office experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid hands-on mechanical skillset with knowledge of automated systems
- Self starter who takes initiative in their work
: Woodbury, MinnesotaTravel:
Up to 5%Relocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.