As a Senior Consultant on the Analytic Development team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering analytic solutions. The role requires collaboration with analytic and business partners from product development and management, operations, finance, and marketing for development and deployment of predictive modeling functionality. The goal is to improve efficiency of CVS Caremark products andservices, enable data-driven strategic decision-making, and identify opportunities for existing product improvement and new product development.
The exciting things you will be involved in include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyze needs and requirements to design and implement robust analytic solutions to support the identified needs;
- Accessing data, constructing and manipulating large datasets to support planned analyses, using SAS, R, SQL, Python and similar tools;
- Developing, testing and deploying predictive models for patient level outcomes related utilization of prescription drug benefits and overall medical services;
- Collaborating with other analytic resources to envision and prototype business intelligence tools based on the predictive modeling functionality;
- Constructing and delivering written reports of the analytic findings in a variety of formats (reports, PPT, including visualization of data and findings), formulating recommendations, and effectively presenting the results to potential non-analytic audiences;
- Tailoring the analytic solution to the specific client need and constraints of delivery timelines; Applying creativity in developing analytic solutions based on available data sources, and in representing analytic findings in reports,
tools, and other media to support most effective translation and application of internal and external customers;
- Managing complex projects related to a wide variety of financial, utilization, and operational business needs.
To be considered for this exciting analytical opportunity, candidates will need to have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience building predictive models and forecasting with strong statistical experience.
You will also need to have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Developing an understanding of the underlying methodology and applying the right methodology to the right business problem;
- Developing analytic frameworks to answer business questions using descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analyses;
- Working with multiple business areas such as operations, finance, sales, product, and marketing;
- Constructing, validating, and maintaining predictive models;
- Developing innovative analytic approaches leveraging available internal and external data sources;
- Manipulation large datasets using a variety of tools such as SAS and SQL;
- Developing dashboards using visualization tools;
- Experience interacting with and influencing decision-making by business audiences;
- Project management with demonstrated experience in delivering in a fast-paced evolving environment.
- Experience developing and applying forecasting methods and models;
- Working with administrative claims data such as pharmacy or medical claims;
- Working knowledge of health care industry products/services and operations; Experience with a variety of analytic and data mining approaches, including parametric and non-parametric methods, clustering techniques, and decision trees;
- Track record of innovation in the field of healthcare analytics and/or record of peer-reviewed publications and relevant technical conference participation.
Master’s or PhD degree in a discipline relevant to application of data and analysis. PhD may serve as a substitute for part of the length of relevant employment requirement. Business Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/