What you’ll be doing...
HR Data & Analytics team seeks a skilled data analytics professional (including data structuring, mining, modeling, and visualization) with strong project management skills, to drive strategic workforce initiatives and enable decision-making to optimize attraction, productivity, engagement, and retention of workforce at Verizon Wireless.
- Effectively formulate business and workforce problems to implement creative solutions through analytics and predictive modeling
- Identify data sources and build data sets to perform statistical analyses
- Perform model assessment, validation, and enhancement activities
- Create what-if scenarios and develop algorithms to forecast and predict workforce behavior
- Find ways to simplify activities by evaluating effectiveness of processes, impact and ROI of changes to recommend solutions
- Generate actionable data, insights, and recommendations through clear, succinct reports to drive strategic workforce initiatives and HR operations
- Consulting with stakeholders and senior leaders on insights, trends, and data-driven recommendations and solutions
- Partnering with other functions across the business to build prototypes and new approaches for capturing data and analyzing employee behavior
- Partner with IT/HRIS to effectively migrate analytical models from prototype to production
- Drive adoption and application of analytical model results with business partners and HR teams
- Maintain working knowledge of modeling, data mining and visualization best practices; keep current on the latest trends and best practices in HR and workforce analytics
- Engage with broader team and promote cross-functional and cross-business knowledge sharing and internal analytics talent development
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree.
- 5+ years of HR work experience with two or more years of experience working with senior managers on high-level HR issues and initiatives.
- Provenexperience in program and project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, two or more years of demonstrated experience in data analysis, building & presenting solutions to executive clients.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and decision‐making skills.
- Ability to engage and influence all levels of clients, including senior VPs.
- Experience leading transformation initiatives.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills to deliver timely results in a fast-paced environment.
- Facilitation and negotiation skills.
- A team oriented mindset.
- Experience in PeopleSoft and HR systems.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.