Prelim/Prepress Operator (Nightshift)
Company: R R Donnelley
Posted: November 10, 2016
Reference ID: 205364
- Review electronic files that are received from clients and check them for thoroughness and completeness in advance of large format and lithographic printing processes.
- Using electronic page layout software (desktop publishing software) manipulate the format of outdoor and indoor products like billboard, car wrap, banner, bus-shelter, wall graphics, standee and etc. Also the format of offset printing like catalog, booklet, brochure, poster and more.
- Determine the requirements of both large format and offset printing items such as fold pocket, paneling, overlap, page layout, accounting for folds, trims, bleeds and gripper, and add zund, crop marks and color bars as necessary.
- Retouch and color correction the images per your knowledge and directed instructions.
- Identify missing or problematic components and communicate them to the CSR, customer, and production personnel to resolve any problems with the jobs.
- Prepare print ready files to send through all large format devices or for printing. Upload files to prepress or client servers for client requests if need.
- May prepare color proofs for customer review, impose images and operate CTP devices to prepare plates for press. Also perform quality checks on finished plates before releasing to the press department.