Bring your ideas, your energy and we will give you the opportunity to realize your potential in Windows Devices Group(WDG). You will work closely with some of Microsofts OEM and ODM partners and will be the center point for Windows & Office readiness, engineering enablement and device quality & fundamentals, through technical excellence either directly to the partner, or by coordinating an array of Microsoft technical resources.
You will navigate across a wide spectrum of Microsoft groups and levels, from Sales and Support, to Program Managers, Development teams and Microsoft Executives. Because of an PFE’s work on supporting the account team’s design-in sales motion, Windows & Office readiness, system quality and reliability, deployment, and training, Microsoft hardware partners have the resources to ship technically superior Windows products post release.
Candidates must have sufficient technical depth to communicate across development, sales and product support teams via outstanding communications and presentations skills. PFEs with strong technical backgrounds have the opportunity to grow and act as technical resources for all of WDG, leveraging knowledge across all Microsoft products and specializing in knowledge of Windows technologies.
As a PFE you must have strong strategic insight and be able to analyze and determine the most effective method of problem resolution by utilizing applicable internal resources when needed.
Candidates must have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision yet be an integral part of a broader WDG team with an ability to help partners with engineering enablement and device health to meet supply chain continuity.
They must have excellent organization, communication, project management, negotiation and technical problem-solving skills.
Proven understanding of partner account business needs, knowledge of computer industry issues and demonstrated account management experience is required.
Candidates must be able to build strong, effective relationships with customers and internal MS groups.
Additional focus areas may include some internal and customer facing technical training development and delivery. Occasional travel will be required.
As a PFE, you are responsible account excellence and clearly articulating the WDG mission, goals and strategies helping internal/external stakeholders understand how they play a part in continued success. Contribute to WDG customer satisfaction through continued evaluation and modification of key performance delivery indicators (KPIs).
• This position requires broad technical expertise across Windows-based products, test tools, validation tools and troubleshooting skills in PC hardware architecture.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s level degree (C.S./E.E. degree preferred) or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years experience working with Microsoft Windows products, or related corporate MIS experience
• PC hardware, driver/product development background a plus
• A proven understanding of OEM/ODM business needs, knowledge of computer industry issues, and demonstrated customer engagement experience
• Possess superior technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• A demonstrated knowledge of latest hardware technologies.
• ADK/OPK knowledge and experience is a plus
• Can drive for results while maintaining the highest quality standards
• A proven ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and customers
• Demonstrated knowledge of programming concepts and debugging skills is a plus Fluency in Korean in required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.