Premier Field Engineer
Posted: December 15, 2017
Reference ID: 1084398
Are you ready to seize an opportunity to drive leading edge technology solutions with the customer? Do you value deploying and working on the latest solutions with real world impact? Do you thrive by mentoring and leading by example? Would you love to help us accelerate the transformation towards data-driven organizations? Do you want to join an elite and distinguished team?
If so, the Data & AI Premier Field Engineer (PFE) position in the Microsoft Services Organization is for you!
At Microsoft, we share knowledge, experiences, and resources to help each other achieve our career goals and grow both professionally and personally. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds who exhibit passion, technical competence, and experience in services delivery with complex projects or environments. Experience in this role will provide great opportunities to interact with break-through technologies, collaborate with product development teams and improve future versions of Microsoft products as a subject matter expert. Together, we can help billions of people around the globe using digital technology to achieve amazing things.
Our PFEs work with the latest technologies to build and optimize data-centric solutions and help our customers unlock the value of their data. We apply our broad and deep technology combined with a strong industry knowledge. As part of our team, you will deliver solutions to customers around the world. You will play a key role in allowing out clients to maximize their investment in Microsoft technology and introduce them to emerging technologies and solutions – to grow and optimize their business. To be successful, you will take advantage of our technical field community, through sharing solutions and utilizing your early access to technology. You’ll be part of something bigger, through unleashing the power of data and crafting solutions to meet customer needs. Your key to success is your passion for customers, demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience: understanding and optimizing databases and data visualization, and delivering with high quality on challenging engagements.
As a Data & AI PFE, you will:
• Be part of a thriving practice that's constantly looking for ways to improve our customers’ experience
• Work with customers to identify business requirements
• Implement innovative solutions using the most recent technologies
• Optimize customer’s current data solutions and infrastructure
• Deliver workshops and training to customers
• Continually learn and grow professionally
• Take a leadership role on projects
• Mentor other PFEs to share your knowledge and experience
Recommended Qualifications and Experience:
• Deep technical or architectural knowledge of at least 2 of the following areas:
o Database administration (preferably with SQL, including Azure SQL) – performance tuning, trouble-shooting, high availability / disaster recovery, security
o Database development (preferably with SQL, including Azure SQL) – designing and building database solutions (tables / stored procedures / forms / queries / etc.)
o Business intelligence – combining knowledge of SSIS/SSAS/SSRS/Power BI technologies with a deep understanding of data structure / data models to design, develop, and tune BI solutions and reports
o Advanced data analytics – designing and building solutions using technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, SQL DWH, stream analytics, machine learning, R server.
• B.Sc./B.A. or equivalent work experience combined with a relevant industry experience in a technical role. Minimum 8 years of experience.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work with different cultures and customers
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences and strong presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to match technical solutions with customer business requirements
• Ability to lead and motivate technical communities
• Ability to effectively recognize and adapt to change
• Ability to quickly grasp customers’ business challenges and drive positive change.
One Microsoft, One Services
Microsoft Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us as a Data & AI PFE and be one who empowers billions!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement