Do you have a passion for Cloud Services? Do you love to solve problems and help improve the quality of Microsoft’s products? If so, this is a superb opportunity for you. You will be working with customers and partners to build, deploy, operate and optimize complex enterprise environments.
We are seeking a strong technical resource to join our team as a Premier Field Engineer (PFE). You'll be responsible for customer satisfaction, deployment, adoption and support of enterprise Microsoft Azure deployments. The primary solution focus and responsibility will pertain to support of Microsoft’s technologies with specific emphasis in the following areas:
- Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service
- Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
Do you believe in the power of collaboration and continuous learning? We are a team of forward-leaning engineers. We believe our team is stronger by depending on each other's skills and talents to resolve customer issues. As a PFE, you will provide product and solution support and training, either onsite or remote. We drive customer loyalty, we devise and implement action plans and communicate clearly with both internal partners and customers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing on-site and remote technical support solutions for customer service delivery and availability, while meeting customer expectations with Microsoft Windows and Azure deployments.
- Enhance the customer's mission via root cause analysis and developing remediation actions that will minimize future downtime for known issues
- Capacity to provide field technical support presence for groups in the Microsoft Services organization, including but not limited to Premier Support and Microsoft Consulting Services.
- Act as the primary onsite technical contact, providing customer visibility, advanced technical support and problem resolution for corporate customers, including issues raised to the highest levels of management.
- 3-5 years of experience crafting, implementing, or supporting Microsoft products in a medium to large enterprise.
- Implementing and solving problems related to Windows Azure and its components (Fabric, Compute, Storage)
- Solving problems or deploying Microsoft Active Directory infrastructure, including Azure hybrid cloud deployments.
- Technical product depth with Microsoft Azure infrastructure or identity components. Technical familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, Identity and related Cloud Technologies
- Good social, verbal and written communications, analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver presentations, discuss Microsoft Azure and complimentary products at a solutions level.
- Ability to handle customer critical issues and work in difficult situations
- Ability to perform self-directed learning in a rapidly changing environment
- Capabilities to operate in a flexible team environment with minimal supervision
Microsoft Azure certification preferred
Security Requirements: The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance and be able to obtain a DoD clearance at the level sought by our customers when required for the role. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 50% of the time. Overnight travel may also be required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.