Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our government and offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security and preservation of our nation's interest are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. The Microsoft Services team has provided and continues to provide a vital role in supporting the successful and accelerated achievement of our customers' objectives through Microsoft products. This position requires U.S. Citizenship with a security clearance.
Our team is seeking a PFE specializing in SCCM with deep understanding and ability to deliver timely and creative incident resolution focused on root cause analysis, prevention, and subsequent knowledge transfer. In this customer facing role, you will partner with the Account Delivery Executives (ADE), Technical Account Manager (TAM) and other engineers to engage technology decision makers striving to understand their objectives and creatively overcome their greatest challenges.
As someone who is inventive, confident when challenged and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management, your contributions will empower our customers to achieve the most from their investment in Microsoft technology and our team.
We look to you to:
• Utilize knowledge of the customer environment to resolve issues in a timely manner
• Handle blocking issues and cases, ensuring the most effective resolution of all issues
• Develop and implement support strategies resulting in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments
• Effectively lead critical situations including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management
• Develop a working relationship with Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) and other PFE team members ensuring enhanced cooperation and mutual support
• Initiate and participate in triage and post-incident meetings sharing knowledge with other engineers and efficiently resolving customer problems
• Assist in the delivery of supportability reviews to your customers
At least 4 years of experience in an Enterprise technical support environment with demonstrated knowledge in:
4 to 6 years of experience in an Enterprise technical support environment with demonstrated knowledge in:
• Current and deep Windows client deployment experience with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10, the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and the Microsoft Assessment and Planning tool
• Sysprep, WinPE, and image deployment methods such as Lite-Touch
• Related technologies including, Active Directory, BitLocker, Windows Image and Configuration Designer, and the User State Migration Tool
• SCCM 2012 deployment and infrastructure knowledge including design investigation, and implementation experience
• Experience building and maintaining desktop and server images, producing and employing Group Policy Objects to manage the environment, and how to deploy images and applications using multiple methodologies, including SCCM, MDT, WADK, WDS, etc. using Zero Touch or Lite Touch capabilities
• Desktop application deployment, including building packages to install Office or other LOB corporate applications
• Deploying and handling desktop virtualization technologies like App-V, MED-V, and the Microsoft VDI suite is a plus
• PowerShell scripting
• You should have a technical degree or equivalent work experience
You will need strong technical writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customer managers and executives on technical and mission issues. Strong organization, time management, project management and negotiation skills desired.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance.
This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 70% of the time. Overnight travel may also be required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.