- Act as a resource for on-going SQL planning and deployment.
- Help with analysis of migration to new SQL environments.
- Advise and mentor customer's existing support staff.
- Provide superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the System
- Deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests
focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, knowledge transfer, and
opportunity generation. Manage escalations and sub-cases to ensure timely and
high quality resolution of all issues.
- Develop and implement strategies for providing facilitative support resulting
in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments.
- Develop relationships with technical directors or lead architects for the
technology you support resulting in more participation in planning and improved
satisfaction in support consulting.
- Partner with Premier Technical Account Managers to effectively manage
customer engagements including documented action plans and daily status updates
for the customer and Microsoft management.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part
of a nationwide team of engineers
- Develop working relationships within the Organization that result in
increased cooperation and mutual support in fulfilling our customer mission.
- Develop a working relationship with MCS and field staff at your accounts that
results in increased cooperation and mutual support in achieving each other's
- Execute formal post-mortem process on closure of critical issues.
- Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers
and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
Required Skills and Experience:
Experience with the following technologies:
- 5+ years of SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2 and/or SQL Server 2005.
- 2+ years of practical experience troubleshooting performance problems, query tuning and
- Experience delivering and/or authoring technical training
- College degree, preferably in Computer Science. Will consider related
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
- Ability to manage challenging technical issues by setting customer
expectations, devising and implementing action plans, being available 24x7 and
professionally communicating to all parties involved.
- SQL programming skills in one of the following: SQL, VB, VBA, C++, VJ++, VBS,
- Experiences with SQL Server Integration Services, Reporting Services,
- Experience with network captures and network troubleshooting
- PowerShell V2 skills including scripting
- Security Plus and/or CISSP certifications
The candidate must be US citizen, Secret Security clearance. Expected to start
within 30 days of offer acceptance. This position may include up to 50% travel
to include overnight stays.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin,
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.