WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION? The territory is located in the Alexandria, VA area and requires daily travel to visit our valued customers onsite at their business location.
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE HARTFORD?
- Responsible for performing on-site reviews of commercial policyholder records to determine final exposures and premium adjustments on auditable commercial lines policies with minimal assistance from manager/mentor
- Responsibilities include a review of policyholder operations, financial records including tax returns, financial statements, general ledger and expense ledgers
- Responsible for maintaining positive customer relationships and providing technical expertise for internal and external customers. Customers include agents, producers, policyholders, rating bureaus, underwriting and billing
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford is widely recognized for its service excellence, sustainability practices, trust and integrity. In recognition of our efforts, we are the proud multi-year recipient of the Ethisphere Award of "The World's Most Ethical Companies." Customers and partners tell us that Hartford people are caring and empathetic, build deep relationships, strive to exceed expectations, and distinguish themselves at times of loss.
We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our vision to be an exceptional company celebrated for financial performance, character, and customer value. WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- To ensure your success, paid training for up to 12 weeks depending on the level of prior Premium Audit experience
- Company sponsored motor vehicle
- Ongoing coaching and development for continuous career growth
- Pay-for-performance culture that rewards your contributions
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement & more!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression Qualifications: WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Behaviors at the Hartford:
- B.S. / B.A. degree required with a strong preference for finance or accounting degree (some accounting courses would be a plus
- A minimum of 1 year Premium Audit experience required
- Must be self-motivated and organized
- Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively discuss and negotiate with government regulator officials, industry representative, agents, brokers, policyholders and internal business partners.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of commercial lines products and coverages, including, Workers Compensation, General Liability, Inland Marine and Automobile.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically a strong command of Excel functionality
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective decision-making skills
- APA designation is a plus
- A company car will be provided and a valid driver's license is required
- This position will be hired as a Premium Auditor or Senior Premium Auditor commensurate with experience
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD