HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
• Demonstrates necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the post-operative nurse in accordance with patient care and regulatory standards of practice.
• Demonstrates proper airway management techniques, recognizes changes in patient's condition that indicate anesthesia related complications
• Evaluate patients utilizing approved scoring system, and provide patient teaching pertinent to all surgical procedures.
• Display competency for patient care requirements that may include those of pediatric, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations.
• Prepares patient care area adequately before case and ensures availability of necessary equipment and supplies.
• Greets patient and family in a timely manner and keeps them informed of any delays/changes.
• Verifies two patient identifiers utilizing the armband prior to any interventions.
• Conducts complete patient assessment and evaluation of each patient prior to surgery or treatment, which includes review of patient history and diagnostic tests, physical, and psychological assessment.
• Assess patient's understanding of procedure and checks surgical consent for accuracy and completeness. Obtains and witnesses patient's signature if needed.
• Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with clinical protocols, prior to surgery (i.e. consents, H/P, diagnostic studies, assessments, home medications list, etc.)
o Ensures that H/P is a complete full examination of all body systems and dated within 30-days prior to procedure.
o Ensures that H/P, orders for the procedure, and consent form are consistent prior to placing in medical chart.
• Verifies surgical site verbally with patient per policy.
• Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or prior to the induction of anesthesia.
• Initiates intravenous therapy as prescribed, utilizing aseptic technique utilizing appropriate IV start kit, catheter and fluid. Ensures that medication is labeled appropriately.
• Receives and acknowledges preoperative physician's orders and implements accordingly. Utilizing appropriate documentation for verbal/telephone orders.
• Administers pre-operative medications as prescribed and utilizes safety medication practices (i.e. aseptic preparation, labeling medications, identifying high alert and independent check medications, 7 medication rights, narcotic waste, etc.). Monitors patient until transferred to OR.
• Monitors patient if IV sedation given in pre-op setting to assure patient maintains airway and vital signs are stable. Administers oxygen and provides continuous monitoring and support as needed.
• Demonstrates knowledge/understanding of pain blocks and is readily available to assist anesthesia as needed.
• Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
• Additional specialty experience may be required as per facility practices (i.e. Pediatric, GI, etc.)
• Active RN license as required by state of employment.
• Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***Online Certification not accepted.
• Required valid ACLS Certification upon employment.
• PALS as required by facility.