Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description About the Washington State Convention Center
For over 25 years, Washington State Convention Center has been the Northwest's premier meetings and events facility. WSCC welcomes thousands of visitors from around the globe each year, offering award-winning catering menus along with comprehensive, industry-leading services for event planners, exhibitors and guests. Located in the heart of Seattle, a city resonating with innovative minds and a vibrant arts scene, the WSCC is within walking distance of world-class hotels, restaurants, hospitals, and a myriad of the Northwest's best entertainment and attractions options. With a longstanding commitment to sustainability, public art and modern technology, WSCC serves its surrounding community and provides visitors with a truly unique Northwest experience.
Aramark's award winning, all Pro-Chef certified culinary team at the WSCC, works hard to exceed the expectations of every guest. We are the only convention center in the country - and the only banquet operation in the city - to be honored with the NACE "Best On-Premise Catering Event" award. Our chefs create unique, regional dishes, made with locally sourced produce, seafood, meats and wines, in our scratch kitchen. Even the flour used in our in-house bakery comes from no-till farms in Eastern Washington. WSCC and Aramark are committed to the underlying ethical standards that match Seattle's social conscience. What we do in our kitchen for events cannot be duplicated by other convention centers; what we do can only happen in Washington.
We are currently looking for Prep Cooks to help us serve and sell guests of the Washington State Convention Center with passion. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply today. You must be willing to work event based hours which may include; Days, nights, evenings, weekends and holidays. Job Summary
: Prepares and portion food items in accordance with production requirements. Uses daily worksheets and standardized recipes to cook meals. Perform various duties in accordance with Aramark sanitation standards. Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepare all food items according to recipe cards and prep lists according to Aramark standards.
- Adhere to proper food handling procedures.
- Maintain proper rotation of food to assure top quality and freshness.
- Collect leftovers, cover, label, and properly store according to Aramark standards.
- Maintain clean and orderly refrigerators and work areas.
- Make sure the stations are properly cleaned, sanitized, and organized at the end of the shift (including cleaning of kitchen equipment).
- Ensure that all kitchen tools, keys and equipment are returned to their designated secure area.
- Ensure storage areas are locked at all times.
- Ensure all keys are returned and secured.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment that conforms to all standards and regulations.
- Adhere to safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
- Completes all required training.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School education or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum one-year prep work or food service related work preferred.
- Knowledge of food prep, proper knife handling, temperature control, and sanitation is helpful
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Must maintain security clearance.