- Review electronic files (PDFs, Quark, InDesign, Illustrator) that are received from clients and check them for thoroughness and completeness in advance of the proofing process.
- Identify missing or problematic components and communicate them to the CSR, customer and production personnel.
- Perform quality control checks on proofs produced by the department prior to distribution to the CSR’s.
- Verify imaging signoff files produced on press match proofs supplied by data services.
- Be able to use standard applications (Quark, Adobe Creative Suite) to assemble files per press layout, make alterations including basic color corrections and process using Prinergy.
- Create Preps templates per the press layout for proofing and plating including all necessary press marks.
- Output and trim content proofs, color proofs and PDFs for customer approval.
- Work directly with CSR, customer, and production personnel as necessary to work out any problems with the job.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing any information needed to efficiently complete the job.
- Perform quality control checks of plates.
- May operate CTP plate making equipment and plate punching equipment to prepare plates for press.
- Perform routine maintenance of Prepress equipment including plate processors.
- Perform all duties with safety as the highest priority.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.