The Prepress Operator responsibilities will include effectively preparing client provided files for production. Knowledge of the printing and bindery process is needed to effectively perform this job. Expert knowledge in Adobe CSS, PhotoShop, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Illustrator is required. Familiarity with Kodak Prinergy is preferred.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preflight client supplied files
- Impose artwork per the supplied production plan. Work with the pressroom and bindery to optimize production.
- Prep supplied files for print production.
- Utilize workflow automation tools to streamline processes
- Generate and construct both digital and printed color proofs.
- Make Plates.
- Ability to complete file edits and revisions.
- Ability to interact with project team and client on file issues.
- Color Management: Ensure continued compliance with G7 requirements.
- Assist Prepress Manager with special projects as required.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform routine maintenance to keep equipment functioning at their maximum potential.
- Promptly alert Prepress Manager of any circumstance which would effect job quality or hinder the safety of the machine / operator.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Cross train on all equipment within the department.
- Assist in other departments as needed, specifically in the digital pressroom.
- Accurately record all time in PSI.
Note: work hours could be 10 hours, Monday - Thursday. For example, noon-10pm or 11am-9pm.
Expert knowledge in Adobe CSS, PhotoShop, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Illustrator is required. Familiarity with Kodak Prinergy is preferred.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.