Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
The Pre-registration/Insurance Verification manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the pre-registration/insurance verification department. The manager performs pre-registration and insurance verification when necessary to ensure targets are met. The manager performs daily QA chart audits, tracks and trends performance and productivity by employee and provides ongoing training and education. The manager assumes responsibility for staffing, problem solving, and leading by example. The manager demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
SUPERVISOR -Central Scheduling/Insurance Verification Director or Regional Patient Access Director
SUPERVISES - SSC based pre-registration and insurance verification staff
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Controls department staffing according to budgetary guidelines and as volume warrants
• Performs daily QA of pre-registration/insurance verification work processes
• Meets regularly with all staff one-on-one to ensure effective mentoring and high levels of performance
• Tracks, trends, and reports performance by employee/department
• Recognizes and Rewards outstanding performance, creativity, and teamwork on a regular basis
• Daily review, maintenance, and biweekly preparation and submission of employee time sheets as required
• Works closely with facilities as necessary to ensure successful integration of facility needs and SSC standards
• Responds timely to requests for information or assistance from all levels
• Works daily PA and Meditech reports (as defined by supervisor) to ensure accurate and timely account follow up
• Meets weekly with supervisor to review department operations and productivity measures
• Defines upfront collection goals each month and works with staff to ensure goals are met per SSC standards and guidelines
• Promptly addresses all personnel or performance related issues, documenting each encounter
• Supports and contributes to SSC Education programs
• Maintains quality Performance Improvement program and documentation - solicits input from staff and offers ideas for improvement on a regular basis
• Completes monthly reports as assigned
• Effectively communicates with staff in writing via the appropriate communication system to back up verbalization
• Conducts monthly staff meetings and in-services
• Screens applicants and performs initial interview
• Performs 90 day and annual employee evaluations
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED:
This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the age groups indicated. The staff member
must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social,
educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age for the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The
skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.
Age Groups: Birth - 1 year (infant), 1 - 11 years (pediatric), 12 - 16 years (preschooler), 17 - 64 years (adult), 65 - Life Span (geriatric)
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Patient Access and/or Insurance Verification experience required
• Minimum 3 years' management experience
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom