Performs manual and machine operator tasks in the set up, maintenance and operation of printing press.
- Safe operation of assigned press
- Examine job tickets to determine details such as quantities to be printed, production times, stock specification, colors and color sequences.
- Select and install printing plates, rollers, feed guides, gauges, etc, according to specifications.
- Monitor feeding, printing and racking processes of presses in order to maintain specified operating levels and detect malfunctions; make any necessary adjustments.
- Inspect and examine printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications and external defects.
- Maintain make-ready, production speed and waste standards.
- Maintain records of goods produced, supplies used, production costs and machine maintenance and repair activities.
- Perform proper machine start-up and shut down procedures.
- Repair, maintain or adjust equipment.
- Cross-train as Press Operator 1 and participate in the orientation and training of new hires. Substitute as Press Operator 1 when directed.
- May be used in any other position in the press department as needed for the purposes of production efficiency and the training of press crews.
- It is the responsibility of all associates to follow the requirements of documented process as defined in the ISO Quality manual.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an Assistant Press Operator on a multi color press. Good understanding of press mechanics, register and guides.
- Must be able to operate and troubleshoot feeder and delivery sections.
- With or without an accommodation must be able to lift and handle materials of 50+ lbs, while pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting and twisting; and must be able to stand continually with frequent bending, climbing and squatting.
- Ability to work in a team environment, be reliable and have excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work all shifts and overtime as required based upon production demands.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.