Ensure paper or raw materials(inks, glues etc) are loaded in to feeders, hoppers, bins etc to supply a constant flow of materials while the equipment is running. Make adjustments to equipment such as feeder mechanism based on the size of the paper. Deliver equipment components such as plates or spray heads to the equipment for installation. Recycle old/discarded plates. Provide basic assistance as needed to make-ready the equipment for operation. Assist with retrieving plates, hanging plates and recycling/storing plates and other tasks associated with make-ready of the press.
- Assist the press operator during press make-ready and maintain high production efficiency.
- Maintain a constant flow of materials to the press while the equipment is running
- Make adjustments to equipment such as feeder mechanism based on the size of the paper
- Demonstrates commitment to safety and performs job duties in accordance with company safety policies and procedures
- Understand job ticket information to determine quantity, special work instructions, and any other special customer requirements.
- Stage material and supplies needed to run printing job
- Complete required quality inspections and paperwork
- Work with peers and other departments to improve quality and performance
- Play an active role in the maintenance and cleanliness of the assigned press and surrounding area
- Understand department communication systems, schedules, time/attendance system and job reporting requirements
- Assist operator in a proactive manner; anticipate and actively address required tasks to keep the equipment running
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.