The Assistant Press Operator is responsible for reviewing job ticket and stage required plates, ink and stock, based on furnished job specifications, mixing and color matching of ink may also be required according to Quality System Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Prepares the press for a run by verifying job specs and setting up the press accordingly.
- Inspects the fountain solution, inking systems,
- Maintains proper inventory of paper. Records usage and spoilage.
- Monitors the flow of paper throughout the run.
- Replenish stock, ink and other consumables associated with the production of a job.
- Works in conjunction with the press operators in the preventative maintenance of the presses.
- May assist with make-readies.
- May adjust ink, solvent, and varnish to ensure that proper color is established or maintained as required by location.
- Assists pressman with wash up procedures.
- May perform press operator duties as needed throughout the shift or in the absence of the press operator.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Basic computer skills; knowledge of keyboard functions.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to read, write and speak in the English language to the extent necessary to effectively communicate or interpret instruction and to apply common sense understanding to carry out basic written or oral instructions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The job requires standing, walking reaching and handling frequently.
- Ability to work 12-hour schedule and overtime including weekends,
- Preference given to individuals with commercial print experience however willing to train.
- We offer a wage progression system that matches employee development.
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.