This position is for 2nd shift.
Assists Lead Press Operator with press make ready, operating, and maintaining sheet-fed offset printing press. Including but not limited to:
- Using hand tools and power tools
- Inserting packing sheets on plate cylinder to build up plate to printing height
- Fastening reinforcing bars to offset blankets
- Installing plates and blankets on press cylinders to achieve pressure required for printing
- Adjusts press machine parts, such as feeder and delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging devices, tapes, and cams
- Assist in removing and replacing worn rollers and adjusting pressure between rollers of press
- Wash blankets and cleans ink and ink distributing rollers and ink fountains, using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press
- Assist Lead Press Operator by making necessary color or register corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops)
- Skill in performing routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment under guidance of senior level Press Operators
- Ability to use micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
Understanding of offset presswork procedures and materials. Skills to use various hand tools and power tools in a safe manner. Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine materials needed to set up and run the job successfully. Adhere to and promote all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out – tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies. Ability to follow instructions to operate equipment safely and produce the desired product.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.