Press Helper 2*
Company: R R Donnelley
Location: Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Posted: November 17, 2016
Reference ID: 205447
- Responsible for packing job according to specifications. Establishes counts, quantities, product orientation, etc.
- Insures Material Handler 1, assigned to the press, is packing according to specifications.
- Responsible for accurate load tickets, counts and labeling.
- Identifies quality issues and alerts press operator.
- Responsible for all imaging related procedures such as sign offs, re-starts, samples, QC’s, etc.
- Responsible for transferring and obtaining clear; accurate information at shift changes.
- Makeready responsibilities include taking direction from press operators and roll tender and completing assignments in a timely matter.
- Assists Roll tender with:
- plate and blanket installations
- gluer set up and tear down
- press wash-up/ink changes
- press lubrication
- web ups
- Maintains general appearance of surrounding press, which includes picking up paper and waste, wiping spills, and cleaning machine according to 5S standards.
- Performs limited compensation procedures, cut off, side guide.
- Sets up and operates sheeter.
- Sets up and adjust stackers to fit format.
- Keeps down time to a minimum by quickly recovering from web breaks or other break down issues.
- Insures that safe practices are followed by crew members assisting with make-readies and maintenance.
- Must be able to work 7:00 pm to 7:00 am shift, 3 days on/4 days off, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, Friday, Saturday, alternating on an 8 week rotation). Opportunities for overtime.
- Must be able to work 7:00 am to 7:00 pm shift, 3 days on/4 days off, (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, Friday, Saturday, alternating on an 8 week rotation). Opportunities for overtime.