Operate web printing press to print quality production, maintain quality of product, lead and direct press crew, maintain press, and work on other operation duties as directed by the supervisors.
- Must be able to work 7:00 pm to 7:00 am shift; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, Friday, Saturday; alternating on an eight week schedule.
- Act as a leader in providing and promoting a safe and injury free work environment.
- Responsible for all aspects of the operation of the press and press crew.
- Responsible for over all quality of the printed product including color reproduction, product specifications, imaging quality and postal specifications.
- Determines when product is suitable for saving.
- Responsible for producing a sample-quality product.
- Monitors other crew member’s progress while performing their responsibilities.
- Provides accurate documentation of time, materials, impressions, waste, and run speeds.
- Communicates information effectively with other crews and departments, scheduling, prepress, maintenance.
- Coordinates make-ready process by reviewing job information, establishing make-ready plan, and assigning responsibilities to crew members.
- Responsible for maintaining a Preventive Maintenance Program for the press, and using the “Request For Action” system to notify the maintenance department of issues with the equipment.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.