Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings has an opening for a Press Operator Trainee to learn the operation of the Forging Presses, within our 350 Cell department. This position is based in our Rochester, NY facility; and candidates should be willing and able to be shift flexible.
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,600 people in 11 countries at 37 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic. (NYSE:ARNC)Basic Qualifications
Perform highly skilled operations utilizing press forging equipment.
- Must be able to accurately program forge furnaces to appropriate temperature and be able to monitor its temperature to assure accurate temperature tolerances are achieved and maintained
- Must perform rudimentary, in process inspection of forging at interim levels of the manufacturing process.
- Maintain attendant production records for the cell.
- Must assure that daily inspections of cell related equipment (forklifts, etc.) are properly performed and documented.
- Must assure that all levels of communication with the Maintenance Department and Operations Supervisor occurs for any situations that arise
- Must assure that all 5S standards for the cell are maintained
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to read and interpret, in English, process sheets, shop orders and instructions.
- Must be able to demonstrate appropriate hand/eye coordination to accurately visually align parts in ring mills, and measure forgings.
- May be required to wear a respirator.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be certified by Arconic EHS and OSHA standards to operate a forklift.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.