Preweigh Processing Technician I – 2 nd Shift
We are actively seeking a Preweigh Processing Technician Level 1 to support our facility in Jefferson City, MO. The main focus of this position is weighing batches of ingredients to be used in the manufacture of bulk lotion, body wash, shampoo and conditioner. This role will be supporting the 2 nd shift; hours are 6:00pm to 6:15am.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively support the plant’s WCM initiatives by completing all scheduled training and assigned WCM responsibilities as applicable.
• SAP: Navigate and use required screens to release, activate, change status, weigh items and weigh maintenance.
• SAP: Use appropriate transactions to display inventory in PSA, adjust inventory, return items to warehouse correctly, manage FIFO protocols when generating transfer orders manually.
• Transfer raw materials to storage bins.
• Measure or weigh ingredients needed for product batches and places in manufacturing equipment.
• Look at materials being weighed with critical eye and notify appropriate people if possible problem is present.
• Effectively use scales to weigh and recognize faulty scale performance and take appropriate action.
• Convert units and calculate production requirements.
• Effectively use a manipulator to dump ingredients with no waste due to mishandling.
• Monitor manufacturing processes and alter or stop process as necessary.
• Maintain accurate batch records required for various processes.
• May be required to collect, label and transport hazardous waste after training in company procedures.
• Required to operate fork trucks and pallet jacks after certification training (periodic recertification required thereafter).
• Actively participate in housekeeping responsibilities.
• Meet and follow GMP Guidelines.
• Responsible for quality of product produced and satisfactory customer service.
• All other duties as required by management.
• Receive and understand written and verbal instructions by following through and reacting to information communicated to you by others.
• Actively listen and participate in conversations using interpersonal skills.
• Communicate clearly to team members, support staff and supervision both written and verbally.
• Make accurate shift notes, utilize computer systems when appropriate and involve others who have interest in information.
• Recognize and report equipment deficiencies and/or failures.
• Work in team atmosphere by participating in group discussions and decisions and being flexible when role changes are necessary.
• Work independently on known tasks; work with normal supervision on complex or new tasks.
• Participate effectively in a team environment by relating positively and in a timely manner to others.
• Demonstrate technical skills as described in job skills above.
• Perform primary calculations necessary to record productivity and complete all measurements in assigned areas.
• Demonstrate computer skills (computer fundamentals, SAP, plant scheduling system, Rockwell System, etc.)
• Utilize measurement systems to accurately perform specific jobs as necessary.
• Use basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) to complete necessary job tasks.
• Abide by all plant Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) policies.
• Attend all Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) training.
• Work with a positive Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) attitude.
• Serve on a Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) team as assigned.
• Be aware of plant SHE significant aspects.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Strong math and computer skills to include weights and measurements.
- Must have NCRC (National Career Readiness Certification) or Work Keys Certification, or, register to go take the assessments. For more information regarding the NCRC (Work Keys Assessment), please visit the Missouri Job Center located at 1716 Four Seasons Drive, Suite # 101, Jefferson City, MO, 65101. The main number is (573) 526-8115.
- Forklift certification (a plus).
- Manufacturing experience in batch blending/compounding is preferred.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please Note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.