This position is responsible for competing key elements of projects executed by the Pricing Department. The analyst will build a strong
analytical approach to solving business problems.
- Maintain and develop queries to extract data from various systems to support business/financial analysis of department projects.
- Complete analysis on financial and business data in various disciplines within Penske to provide clear and concise reports supported by
sound data analysis and business knowledge. Document the logical progression of data and business analysis.
- Participate in creating and executing project plans by developing process steps for recurring analysis and for assigned segments of larger
pricing initiative projects.
- Participate in business process improvement initiatives by using Penske quality tools and process control techniques working with teams
from various departments.
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- 2 - 5 years of general business or finance experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field required
- Analytical skills required
- AS400 and Access skills preferred
- Ability to write queries required
- Presentation, time management and leadership skills preferred
- Green Belt preferred or ability to be trained/certified
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.