Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress .JOB INFORMATION
Support and complete sale and purchase of securities, debt, and other financial instruments in capital markets. Ensure that collateral for assets being bought or sold conforms to corporate, regulatory, and market standards. Price securities being bought or sold in keeping with regulatory and corporate standards and contemporaneous financial market data. Communicate with peer staff in buying or selling institution to coordinate details of purchase and ensure its completion within established parameters and timeframes. Ensure that documentation is sufficiently complete to book sale or purchase and enter into accounting systems. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with trading desks, middle office staff and others in operations units regarding assets, securities, and debt instruments that must be priced for purposes of trading or valuing inventory.
- Track values for comparable securities and debt instruments in daily market activity, with staff of customers, and with commercial research organizations in order to obtain current market valuations of variety of financial instruments.
- Use assigned pricing software and systems to aggregate market data and derive current market prices for variety of securities and debt instruments.
- Apply FASB, SEC, SOX and other federal or market-mandated rules for valuing assets and reporting them to buyers, financial institutions, regulators, and the public.
- Participate in monthly or other periodic mark-to-market exercises involving some or all of the organization's current inventory of assets for sale or portfolio.
- May contribute to pricing exercise to analyze and develop new product, derivative, swap, or hedging strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 1 years of related experience
- 1 years of Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Accounting experience
- Business Objects/SQL experience is desired
- Knowledge of MBS and mortgages is desired
- Must be proficient with Excel
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.