At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. We are leaders in science and medicine, pushing the boundaries of what is possible every day. It is our mission to bring these innovative medicines to worldwide patients by creating distinctive Pricing and Market Access (P&MA) solutions that deliver value to patients, payers and society generally. Continuous investment in our industry-leading oncology pipeline has opened several exciting opportunities within our Oncology Business Unit (OBU).
The Oncology Payer Evidence and Pricing (OPEP) team reports to the OBU and plays a significant role in driving access to oncology medicines and has considerable influence over the ongoing development and direction of oncology overall. Within OPEP, the Pricing Analyst is responsible for competitive intelligence, analysis and reporting of pricing assumptions to support business planning, and development of pricing guidelines for products across the oncology portfolio. The pricing analyst role is critical in the context of increasingly complex treatment pathways, multiple indications and combinations therapies in oncology.
The OPEP pricing analyst reports to the Innovation and Strategy Group Director. Responsibilities and accountabilities:
Education & Experience:
- Interacts internally with team representatives from OPEP, Finance, Commercial, HEPA and markets to leverage and implement knowledge of pricing strategies and processes to ensure attainment of market access business objectives.
- Ensures strong collaboration across functions to provide timely communication of insights and pricing decisions to all relevant partners.
- Works collaboratively with Global Pricing and reimbursement directors (GPRDs) to lead pricing researches, develop scenarios and guideline for pricing assumptions to ensure short and long term business planning accuracy.
- Works closely with Strategy & Innovation team on how to design innovative contracting concepts. May be responsible for ensuring newly developed pricing and contracting strategies implementation.
- Monitors pricing and contracting environment for pharmaceutical products. Leverages understanding of the competitive landscape to anticipate competitor pricing strategies and tactics.
- Leads the development of pricing analyses and reporting tools. Helps monitoring pricing decisions in close collaboration with global Pricing Implementation team.
- Develops content for senior leaders, Pricing Committee meetings, Business reviews, as appropriate.
- Develops and oversees implementation of key metrics and performance indicators.
- Bachelor's degree in clinical, biological, analytics, social sciences, Statistics, Economics
- Masters degree in relevant field (outcomes research, health services research, epidemiology, health economics, health policy or economics) preferred
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Skills and Capabilities:
- Experience in healthcare industry, pharmaceuticals, or vaccines, in any of the following areas: pricing, contracting, managed markets strategy, or value communication at national or local payer level, national account management, consulting, and/ or market access strategy
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong understanding of the payer environment, commercial dynamics, and how market access organizations make decisions across portfolios
- Experience in oncology area is preferred
Internal and External Contacts/Customers:
- Requires strong analytical, reporting, and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal; communication; analytical and project management skills.
- Able to develop models for quantification of scenarios and risk eg financial models, economic/clinical models
- Strong understanding of how payer decision-makers influence value demonstration and pricing strategies
- Demonstration of initiative and ability to work independently
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Commercial awareness
Internal - some examples of internal contacts/customers are:
- Global Pricing and Reimbursement Directors in OPEP and OPEP Leadership Team
- Oncology Global Marketing teams
- Global Pricing Implementation teams
- Finance teams
- Payer and finance roles within MCs
External - some examples of external contacts/customers are:
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Government reimbursement and pricing authorities
- Budget holders
- Policy Makers
- Pricing research/market access consultancies
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca