At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Pricing & Merchandising Analyst for the US Business Services Organization located in Maplewood, MN. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Pricing & Merchandising Analyst
will work with 3M personnel to manage deviated pricing requests. Requirements include prioritizing and executing multiple ongoing deviated pricing requests/deadlines while performing thorough data analysis of historical and recommended pricing activity. Includes coordination of pricing, documentation of pricing decisions and annual pricing reviews with internal/external customers. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform analysis of pricing requests to include historical contract pricing/profitability and provide recommendations for pricing decisions based on the data analysis.
- Utilize Pricing tools, as well as Excel to analyze price data and present the findings of the analysis to US Marketers
- Clearly and effectively communicate results of the analysis and impact of potential price decisions.
- Ability to manage deadlines effectively. Large pricing requests are simultaneous with a quick response time required.
- Plan, organize, and conduct training sessions with Sales personnel and Marketers when needed.
- Generate non-routine and difficult research analysis when requested.
- Negotiates and counsels with an audience which may not be knowledgeable in the subject area
- Demonstrates solid persuasion skills and manages differing interests and perspectives
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) combined years of experience working with pricing and/or transactional processes
- Experience with Microsoft Excel using pivot tables and conditional formulas
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines is preferred
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills is preferred
- Familiarity with Sales Force (SFDC) is preferred
- Experience prioritizing a time sensitive workload
- Experience with reporting software such as Business Objects
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations with minimal supervision
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% travel
Relocation Benefits: Are not authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.