Under the general direction of the VP of Sales & Marketing the Pricing & Portfolio Coordinator is responsible for managing pricing and portfolio activities and coordinating RFP preparation and responses. This role will identify and resolve contract business issues with assigned customers draft correspondence to GPO IDN & Wholesalers and act as the department contact to external customers.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements. It is the associate's responsibility to observe all safety rules. Any condition thought to be hazardous or unsafe should be reported to your supervisor immediately.
- Manages pricing and portfolio activitiesA. Implements and communicates - price changes pricing for new product launches e.g. internal customer First Databank CMS Medispan Gold Standard etc. and product portfolio's.
B. Assists in developing pricing procedures
C. Maintains existing and future product portfolio's (i.e. price changes NDC changes item deletions etc.)
- Compiles information from various sources and utilizes the information for uses such as generating reports supporting Power Point presentations and assisting in drafting proposals for GPO's IDN's Wholesalers etc.
- Coordinates all responses to and preparation of RFP's or other bid request for GPO's/IDN's/Wholesaler's and the like.
- Assists Sales & Marketing in reviewing and preparing agreements as necessary.
- Develops implements and coordinates the process for internal tracking notification and follow-through of all GPO/IDN/Wholesaler agreements within AHP departments including sales marketing customer service finance and any related support services.
- Participates in the further development of the contract documents flow through the defined contracts management process ensuring a timely and accurate process.
- Creates and continuously improves standard procedures to satisfy internal and external needs are a must .
- Proactively identifies customer (GPO's IDN's Wholesaler's etc.) and AHP changing requirements for contractual commitments to reflect new products and business relationships.
- Provides administrative support for market and competitive data mining for pricing development.
- Audits and maintains various reports specific to his/her department by checking for errors inconsistencies or discrepancies; makes corrections and notifies appropriate personnel of any modifications. (i.e. HUD APS UoU portfolio's)
- Proactively identifies and resolves contract business issues with assigned customers as necessary involving other departments such as Finance IT and Sales. Builds relationships with contract customers industry sources and other departments to support objectives and responsibilities.
- Updates and maintains pertinent business information via computer or department files.
- Interacts frequently with inter-departmental associates and management for the purpose of resolving work related issues are a must. (i.e.: Customer/Contract Manager).
- Maintains and promotes positive and professional working relationships with associates and management within all departments.
- Complies with all appropriate policies procedures safety rules and regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing and obeying all safety rules; reports any condition thought to be hazardous or unsafe to supervisor immediately.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year Bachelor's Degree Program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Requires five (5) or more years of experience in related contracting management with and understanding of government programs including Medicare Part B and /or Part D.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professional image
- Good analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is critical
- Must be able to work under pressure and remain professional at all times.
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines on a consistent and timely basis.
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Ability to represent a positive and professional image
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel Power Point Outlook as well as contract management software programs (i.e.: iMany)
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices (i.e.: Resolving pricing discrepancies)