Job Title: Pricing Analyst
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting business intelligence, analytics, and administrative tools to help in the analysis and administration of customer price changes.
- S upporting the technical functionality of the company's pricing IT systems, including gathering, storing and analyzing corporate data to aid in decision making. This includes creating data storage procedures, data tables, system maintenance windows, and daily system tasks.
- Supporting the implementation of best practices in customer price analytics and administration for the Company through effective analysis of corporate data used as an aid by the business in its decision making, support the development of accurate price and cost models, as well as price action planning, optimization and measurement.
- Developing new technology-driven processes to automate the customer price increase process and price increase realization tracking.
- Helping maintain database of transaction information within the pricing system.
- Performing other ad hoc pricing analyses.
- Working collaboratively with fellow analysts, Business Unit pricing leaders and analysts, and the Airgas National Information Systems team as needed to fulfill all of the aforementioned responsibilities.
- Communicating effectively in writing, via phone, and in person with fellow pricing analysts on the Strategic Pricing team, as well as with Business Unit pricing leaders and analysts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B achelor's degree in statistical analysis, finance, information technology or business information systems required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with statistical modeling and large datasets and must have the ability to develop strategy based on quantitative data analysis and qualitative business dynamics; additional experience in pricing strategies/analytics and finance preferred.
- Robust analytical skills with ability to quickly identify relevant detail while working with voluminous data.
- Ability to utilize computer systems and related tools o Familiarity with SQL and basic understanding of stored procedures required; experience writing SQL queries strongly preferred.
- PROS or other pricing software and SAP software experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with proven experience using MS Excel with large datasets and complex models required; MS Access skills preferred; must be proficient in MS Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, decision-making abilities, and business acumen.
- Self-starting, proactive individual that is comfortable working both independently and in collaborative teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under time constraints.
- Creative and analytical thinker with ability to understand financial models and draw conclusions regarding revenue and profitability from transactional data
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- This is position is based in Radnor, PA, but some travel may be required from time to time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.