PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.Job Description
PwC's Marketing and Sales function is a client-focused, high-performing team, which is strategically aligned to the Firm's priorities and passionately focused on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and driving long-term revenue growth for the Firm.
The Strategic Negotiations and Pricing (SNAP) team is focused on driving improved economic and business terms in our client account relationships across the Firm. SNAP is available to help GEPs, APPs, Partners/MDs, and pursuit/account teams use alternative deal structures and pricing methods as well as negotiate MSAs, rates, SOWs and disputes. For the Firmâ€™s largest pursuits and accounts, SNAP will work either through behind the scenes counsel and strategy formulation or client-facing either with or on behalf of the Partner in the capacity the Partner prefers. The SNAP team is comprised of Negotiations Directors, Pricing Specialist and an Operations team.
The Specialty Pricing team provides financial analytical, modeling and research support to the Strategic Negations and Pricing (SNAP) team. As a part of this, the Specialty Pricing team will work to support the ongoing development of pricing tools/templates collateral, research and education materials, as well as supporting negotiations directors in servicing client teams. ÂPosition/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or Statistics.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success
managing the execution of client-ready deliverables, including prior success in roles with managing expectations and on-time deliverables for internal and external stakeholders and clients including the following areas:
- Researching and using analytical tools, such as profitability models, to pull out relevant data/information and provide synopses for stakeholders;
- Understanding engagement economics, including profitability levers, budgets, billing, and collection in a professional services context; and,
- Working knowledge of the firms structure and various internal roles and support functions (e.g. Finance, Legal, Risk and Quality, Learning and Development, Change Management and Communications).
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Leveraging critical thinking with analytical skills to develop practical solutions;
- Working in a strong teaming environment and building relationships/collaborating effectively with team and stakeholders;
- Thriving in a fast-paced matrixed organization, work with a strong sense of urgency and being agile in an ever-changing environment with evolving deadlines and priorities;
- Demonstrating time and project management and ability to keep the team informed of daily responsibilities;
- Identifying and addressing client and team needs while leveraging existing tools to make recommendations;
- Creating templates in order to conduct research, compile data, and perform preliminary analysis;
- Building custom and dynamic profitability models in Excel with a seamless user experience;
- Demonstrating and understanding high-level account profitability strategy, while also focusing on details to establish accuracy of models;
- Anticipating future needs of stakeholders and the team and learning to proactively address those needs;
- Researching to learn about broader business context of clients and managing multiple requests and responsibilities;
- Managing and supervising Pricing Associate to support activities;
- Communicating with impact verbally to clients, Partners, and other internal stakeholders;
- Writing client-focused deliverables, presentations and other communications;
- Utilizing research and evaluating possible alternatives to leverage the information to develop enhanced plans;
- Working knowledge of Pursuit methodology, CRM tools, Finance tools, contract development and an engagement delivery lifecycle; and
- Leveraging the use of technical tools actively and effectively such as MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint and Google suite including Docs, Slides and Sheets, as well as â€˜super userâ€™ of MS Excel.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.