Supports Logistics management, sales and other administrative areas by providing timely and accurate financial projections, price quotations, contracts, and profit analyses. Serves as key resource and/or project lead on related issues.
Develop industry-specific solutions across multiple modes of transportation, supports business response to RFPs/proposal design and is responsible for implementation/integration with Courier Services clients in retail, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, industrial distribution and healthcare
Responsibilities: Work is typically performed under no supervision, with only guidance about overall goals and objectives. Usually receive minimal to no guidance about how to complete work objectives. Must be able to define work based on evaluation of short term and long term goals of the department. Able to independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate in to overall work objectives.
- Creating and executing a strategy to build unique offerings in several key verticals
- Implementing a program and business processes to continuously improve CTS services and offerings
- Manage all pricing/solutions for new opportunities and existing clients
- Pricing and vendor selection for all courier opportunities
- Identification of “best fit” prospects for DLS sales team
- Building substantial relationships with sales, operations and vendor/carrier organizations
- Identification and development of transportation solutions for key industry verticals
- Expansion of vendor pool to support these solutions
- Evaluation of potential acquisitions to further improve CTS offerings
- RFP, pricing and proposal design/response
- Build RFP database to leverage for future opportunities
- Monitor workflow and process
- Performs financial analyses, including forecasts, projections, and historical assessments
- Provides internal recommendations based on analyses
- Compiles and administers customer contracts, including the update of price schedules and contract terms
- Facilitates the management approvals required for price levels and contract terms
- Facilitates communication among management, sales, and plant staffs regarding contract and price
- Functions as team, plant, and management resource on general price and contract issues
- Performs in lead team role and as key participant in inter-disciplinary task forces
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.