Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Firmwide Operations includes Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO), Operations Risk and Control, Global Project Group and Metrics, Branch Operations and Divisional Management. Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations. Operations Risk and Control ensure adequate controls are in place, through providing an integrated risk and control framework to govern, assess, mitigate and manage financial and operational risk in Operations.
As a result of recent market events, Pricing Data Operations faces an unprecedented pace of regulatory and business change which is driving projects to improve the group's operating model, business processes and system capabilities, and we expect the pace of change to accelerate as the new regulatory environment clarifies.
This demand has generated an urgent need to re-enforce project management and business analysis capabilities in the project team. The successful candidate will operate across multiple projects, performing a variety of functions and must be:
• A skilled Business Analyst with a strong track record developing functional knowledge
• A strong proponent of project management discipline principle
• Motivated and excited by a role with changing priorities and objectives
• A good team player
Duties and Responsibilities
The role is multi-faceted and requires the candidate to manage projects that support the Pricing Data Operations CTB Mandatory Regulatory initiative to align Pricing data across ISG Clients & Firm and International Wealth Management. Candidate will additionally manage one or more Pricing CTB projects or small enhancement prioritization queue with key stakeholders.
• Project Management
• Project planning and control
• Stakeholder management
• Status Tracking and Reporting
• Issue and Risk Management analysis
• Develop an understanding of current working practices in the line
• Lead detailed analysis with line staff, wider Ops groups and Business units to formulate and consolidate business requirements
• Document business processes
• Document business rules and reference data requirements
• Liaise with Operations to ensure that business requirements have been correctly understood and documented
• Liaise with IT colleagues to ensure that business requirements are clearly understood
• Become a key contact for IT colleagues to assist on query resolution during system design and build
• Produce and distribute minutes of analysis meetings
• Remain current with all other areas of analysis across the Change program
• Prepare test strategy and approach
• Oversee/carry out documentation of test scripts
• Oversee/carry out test execution
• Provide progress reporting through effective and meaningful metrics
• Co-ordinate and provide training for test users during UAT
• Plan, test and control deployment and verification process
• Produce user manuals and reference materials, as required
• Produce training materials and participate in the delivery of training, as required
• Input to production support of the deployed process/system, as required
- Strong End of Day pricing knowledge to include vendor landscape, internal pricing methodologies and general understanding of overall regulatory environment around end of day marks.
- Evidenced understanding of pricing exception types (variance, cross vendor, internal marks to benchmarks) and the processing to correct/accept these differences.
- Understanding of position valuations based on end of day marks to understand overall service level agreements
- Awareness of market data vendors (Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Interactive Data Corporation, etc.), their strengths and weaknesses along with their data delivery methods.
- Demonstrated Project and/or Software Delivery Management skills (including risk management, planning and control)
- Demonstrated problem solving and business analysis skills
- Demonstrated experience with testing coordination/execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work well under time constraints and prioritize appropriately across multiple projects
- Advanced MS Office skills (including Visio, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in Data Operations (Product & Pricing Reference Data)
- Experience in Exchange/Market Data Vendor Management
- Detailed understanding of Investment Banks and Operations
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.