Oracle's Middleware User Experience team brings together some of the world's best designers and usability engineers. We create the user experience for the platform and applications shared across Oracle's enterprise, PaaS, cloud and mobile solutions. The design focus of this position will be UX for Cloud Services for Big Data, Big Data Analytics, and IOT (internet of things) . Responsibilities
• Identify requirements, develop user models, design and prototype UI's, develop specifications and guidelines
• Collaborate with product teams to produce user interface scenarios, task flows, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
• Communicate with product teams to evangelize UI design directions and resolve design and implementation issues
• Review and provide feedback on UIs produced by product teams
• Collaborate with usability engineers to conduct user research and support usability efforts throughout the development cycle
• Develop project plans and lead projects independently
• 5 years of industry experience designing interactive applications in collaboration with product teams
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Visual Design or a related discipline
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to design and prototype elegant UI solutions to user problems
• Proven track record in applying user centered design processes and methods to product development
• Strong communication and people skills in working in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment
• Attention to detail while working on multiple projects
• Experience designing enterprise applications, business intelligence and data visualization tools
• Experience designing tablet and smart phone applications
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.