As a leading Fortune 500 Technology & Security Company, Symantec already protects more than a billion IoT devices, putting Symantec among the biggest providers of IoT security today, and first to deliver a comprehensive security reference architecture for how to build-in security to make your IoT systems "secure by design." IoT security is a complex problem requiring both breadth and depth of security experience. Symantec brings an unrivaled breadth of leading security solutions for device protection, encryption, authentication, key management, and code signing. Symantec also has unmatched depth in security expertise from monitoring, analyzing and processing more than 10 trillion security events per year worldwide for Symantec's Global Intelligence Network.
This particular team is building an exciting new product to extend Norton Security to everything connected in the consumer home. With IoT, the number of connected devices is growing at an exponential rate. While, these new devices offer a new range of possibilities, they also are increasing the attack vectors for the hackers exponentially. These devices collect a lot more sensitive personal data. Securing these devices and the personal information has never been so crucial. The team is building disruptive next-gen IoT security applications and product experience that encompass hardware, software, mobile apps and services.
Also, this team is empowered for complete autonomy and ownership. It functions independently to find creative, bold & innovative solutions to solve some of the most complex problems in the IoT space. The team operates like a startup within Symantec.
As an Electrical Engineer - Gateway Development, the below are needed to be successful:Responsibilities:
We are looking for a passionate engineer to join a small hardware development team and work with external partners to design a complex device that contains state of the art CPUs and radios. Although we work with partners, we are designing the products from the ground up and the engineer will have the opportunity to express his/her creativity and develop new fields of expertise.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability and patience to lead and communicate very well in both written and oral form to convey complex physics concepts,
- The ability to convince other parties and to convey passion and urgency
- Leadership skills to keep partners and other team members focused and on track
- Experience in end-to-end product development from prototyping to mass production including bing-up and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in schematic capture, PCB layout and component selection
- The ability to write software, scripts, automation and GUIs to do testing for design verification purposes
- The skills to modify and write so low level code and firmware to test and verify designs
- The knowledge, intellectual flexibility and interest to work on analog circuits, power circuits, digital systems and RF designs.
- The skills and knowledge of physics to work with any type of measurement instruments and to be able to interpret and understand the meaning of measurements results
- The skills and interest to be "hands-on"
- Understanding of Wi-Fi standard (802.11) and protocols and other IoT radio protocols
- MSEE or equivalent
- >2 years of experience in developing a product and preferably taking it to market
- Demonstrated software skills in one or more of these languages: C, C#, C++, Python, LabView
If you are passionate about building great products and are looking to join a high-performing, hyper-productive team? Come join us and be part of a team that is being built as a "Startup\
A little about us:
At Symantec, you’ll prosper at one of the world’s largest software companies, while helping protect the world’s digital information and interactions.