Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
Are you looking for a job that can help make the world a safer place? Come work at Symantec! Symantec is a proven Fortune 500 leader in cyber-security, innovation and technology.
Our award-winning Norton security products protect hundreds of millions of people around the world.
The Norton Site Reliability Engineering Team is a global team that supports mission critical high transaction cloud based eCommerce applications. The group is responsible for providing engineering operations infrastructure support for our production systems. This involves developing software and tools to enable the continuous delivery of our applications, build and maintain comprehensive monitoring tools, and work to analyze technical requirements and develop appropriate solutions. We are currently seeking a Site Reliability Engineer with the experience outlined below to join our team.
• Help develop and maintain our Continuous Integration practice and environments for Norton Engineering.
• Work with multiple development teams to deploy code, maintain and enhance infrastructure.
• Develop and maintain auto-scaling monitoring and performance analysis tools in a large-scale dynamic environment.
• Start and lead technical troubleshooting sessions
• Provide technical insight on development projects
• Assist with capacity planning
• Assist with creation and tuning of monitoring tools
• Communicate regularly with globally dispersed teams
• Build relationships with external teams, and resources
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university. Masters preferred.
• 8+ Years' Experience as a Site Reliability Engineer, Software Engineer and/or Developer working on complex customer-facing applications and services
• Experience designing, implementing, and running applications in public Cloud Environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc)
• Operational Automation and CI/CD experience (Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Chef, GIT)
• Expertise in UNIX / Linux Operating Systems
• Development experience with Java, Python, Bash, Yaml
• Strong experience with Public (AWS, Google) and Private (Openstack, VMWare) Cloud technologies
• Experience with server and application monitoring tools (Nagios, Splunk, NewRelic, Sensu, Graphite, LogStash, etc)
• Clear understanding of software development lifecycle
• Solid Networking experience; CCNA certification preferred
• Demonstrated ability to understand complex network architecture (Firewall, Load Balancer, DNS, Routing, Switching)
• Understanding of Client/server/database architecture
• Able to articulate strong stance for product quality and customer satisfaction, balancing business goals and commitments with quality objectives
• Proven track record of delivery and commitment to customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work effectively in globally distributed team structure
• Be able to isolate defects effectively and provide specific conditions for reproducibility
• Familiar with agile software development lifecycle including source control systems (e.g; Perforce, Git), ticketing systems (e.g; JIRA) and managed workflows is a plus
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.