Cloud, Big Data & Analytics, Security, Mobile and Social technologies are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. And how we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation, and we're looking for talented professionals to navigate this new world with us.
You'll be part of an innovative team that strives to make the world work better. And you'll help our clients visualize a future they did not think possible.
As an IBM Principal Accounting Advisor
you will perform a unique and integral role as a 'trusted business advisor' by influencing key business decisions, supporting internal as well as external client facing operations and contributing to IBM's business results.
IBM Accounting has the responsibility to accurately record the company's financial performance using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, IBM Accounting Practices and Local Statutory Principles. Professionals working in this area are involved in some or all of the following activities: accounting for complex business transactions, advising the business on technical accounting matters, and performing financial performance reporting and analysis.
Do Work that Matters. Join IBM. Make an Impact.
- Performing thorough accounting research in complex areas
- Working independently, support senior executives on any new GAAP guidance coming out, such as the new leasing standard
- GAAP standards, understanding them, and assisting/driving implementation.
- Providing significant influence on the resolution of technical accounting issues
- Formulating accounting practices and procedures
- Providing advice to other professional accountants to insure worldwide integrated application
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.