Principal Accounting Associate, Card Accounting
Are you a forward thinking analytical genius who thrives on being a key contributor in a high energy financial services organization? Do you want to work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded? Our accountants are masters of accounting principles with a flawless understanding of the full end to end accounting process. You will be surrounded by intellectually curious accounting professionals every day, all with the end goal of creating a seamless, well managed client experience. As the demand for skilled accountants is at an all time high – Capital One can provide an environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
We are looking for a Principal Accounting Associate to join a cross-functional team designed to deliver against corporate initiatives for a line of business. Key responsibilities will be associated with the implementation of corporate initiatives which have impacts to Card Accounting systems and processes. You will utilize your strong accounting knowledge as well as your balance sheet reconciliation experience. In addition, you will have the ability to understand upstream and downstream processes that will impact those balance sheet reconciliations.
- Represent Card Accounting on a cross-functional Agile project team
- Develop requirements and test cases
- Perform test execution
- Document business processes and create standard operating procedures
- Perform training with impacted Card Accounting teams
- Provide ongoing support for post-implementation processes and systems
- Develop and establish monitoring associated with project implementation
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations as needed
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of projects which includes activities, risks and issues, assumptions and dependencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of accounting experience or at least 3 years of finance experience
- At least 2 years of Project Management experience
- 2+ years of Retail Bank experience or 2+ years of Financial Services experience
- 4+ years accounting experience or 4+ years of finance experience
- 1+ years of ReconPlus application experience
- 1+ years of PeopleSoft application experience
- 1+ years of Agile methodology experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.