Principal Accounting Associate, Retail Product Controller
Are you a forward thinking analytical genius who thrives on being a key contributor in a high energy financial services organization? Do you want to work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded? Our accountants are masters of accounting principles with a flawless understanding of the full end to end accounting process. You will be surrounded by intellectually curious accounting professionals every day, all with the end goal of creating a seamless, well managed client experience. As the demand for skilled accountants is at an all-time high, Capital One can provide an environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire.
The Retail Product Controller Agile team manages projects that relate to the Retail Deposit portfolio. The Retail Product Controller Accounting team is responsible for ensuring accounting processes are accurately completed and impacts of projects are analyzed and remediated.
We are looking for a Principal Associate to join a cross-functional team designed to deliver against corporate initiatives for a line of business. Key responsibilities will be associated with the implementation of corporate initiatives that will have impacts to Retail Product Controller systems and processes. This is a great opportunity to learn about upstream and downstream processes that will impact those balance sheet reconciliations.
- Represent Retail Product Controller on a cross-functional Agile project team
- Develop requirements and test cases
- Perform test execution
- Document business processes and create standard operating procedures
- Perform training with impacted Retail Product Controller teams
- Provide ongoing support for post-implementation processes and systems
- Develop and establish monitoring associated with project implementation
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of projects which includes activities, risks and issues, assumptions and dependencies
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 Years of experience in Accounting, or at least 3 years of experience in Audit or at least 3 years of experience in Finance
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA certification
- 4+ years of experience in Supervising a team of individuals in an accounting department or similar audit experience
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting
- 2+ years of project management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.