McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Accounting Specialist, Card Accounting
You will be part of a cross-functional project team designed to deliver against corporate initiatives for a line of business. Key responsibilities will be associated with the implementation of corporate initiatives which have impacts to Finance systems and processes. You will demonstrate strong accounting knowledge, balance sheet reconciliation, and comfort working with multiple applications and platforms. Managing multiple projects and creating solutions to business processes will allow you to use your creative problem solving skills.
- Represent Accounting on cross functional project team dealing directly with the business, technology, and vendors.
- Perform impact assessment to proposed projects with a wide financial lens on multiple platforms, applications, and processes.
- Create and propose requirements / solutions that support projects and accounting objectives within the specified timeframes.
- Perform risk assessments with mitigation plans that include test strategies.
- Perform test execution based on strategies with ability to adapt easily to changing circumstances.
- Present and document project progress with upper management.
- Create, maintain, and update project artifacts such as process flows and minute by minute plans.
- Able to identify process improvements and lead change.
- Provide support to production teams as projects are launched by setting up post monitoring plans, and working with teams on updates to standard procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years accounting experience or at least 5 years of finance experience
- At least 2 years of project management experience
- At least 2 years experience with financial statements or at least 2 years of experience with reconciliation practices
- CPA Certification
- 1+ year of PeopleSoft experience
- 2+ years of Agile methodology experience
- 6+ years of accounting experience
- 3+ years of Project Management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.