As a Senior/Principal Analyst on the CPG Retail Client Analytics team you will apply sophisticated analytic techniques to segment shoppers, analyze and predict shopper behavior, and measure the volumetric and purchase behavior response to a variety of marketing levers. The CPG Retail Client Analytics team provides actionable recommendations to retailers in the grocery, club, drug, and mass channels, with a blend of traditional loyalty-based analytics and digital media measurement. Our analytic deliverables help our clients optimize their trade and marketing spending, category management efforts and shopper marketing activities. Deep analytic insight, previous exposure to a broad array of organizational disciplines, and interpersonal and communication skills will all be needed to produce analytic deliverables that exceed client expectations.
Your work will consist of:
• Working with Manager of CPG Retail Client Analytics to formulate detailed analytic plans to address clients' business needs. Plans include data requirements, analytic approach and timing.
• Data analysis requiring the manipulation of large datasets from multiple sources.
• Managing a queue of analytic requests and developing efficient methods of delivering on them through exemplary project management, automation and process improvements
• Developing impactful presentations that communicate analytical findings in an intuitive manner
• Effectively communicating findings - establishing credibility and rapport with audiences ranging from Analysts & DBAs to Retail VPs and client GMs
• Running sophisticated measurement models to provide a causal sales lift for digital advertising campaigns, ensuring their accuracy and timeliness.
• Presenting measurement results to CPG Retail advertisers, and providing business recommendations that are actionable, and supported by thoughtful and thorough analysis of data, and communicated in a marketing-friendly manner.
• Improving existing work or author original analysis that advance our ability to: Interpret results, deliver more effective predictive models, address previously undiscovered challenges that reduce our ability to deliver outcomes that exceed client expectations.
• Travel to clients to present findings and participate in planning sessions, as well as to our CO-based HQ for training. Travel will be approximately 25% on average, varying week to week based on client needs.
• 8 years of demonstrated success in the field of marketing analytics, media analytics, marketing research, direct marketing, or analytic function at a leading CPG Retailer.
• BA or BS in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent quantitative discipline. MS or MBA with business analysis or quantitative focus preferred.
• Experience working with large datasets (billions of records)
• Exceptional problem solving skills with unrelenting focus on practical business implications.
• Exemplary project management skills and proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in the digital media space, including analysis of online consumer behavioral data, targeting, digital measurement and/or attribution, etc. highly preferred.
• Technical expertise in data manipulation and analytic software: SQL required; Tableau, SAS and/or R highly preferred
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Demonstrated success in driving successful client and business outcomes in an environment where multiple stakeholders have separate interests and objectives.
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.