Principal Analyst - CPG Retail Client Analytics (Client Dedicated)
This role on the CPG Retail Client Analytics team is an analytics consulting role, in which you will be a dedicated resource supporting a strategic CPG Retail client in becoming a better digital marketer by applying a range of ODC targeting, measurement and relevancy solutions.
In this heavily client-facing role, you will oversee the measurement of CPG Retail digital advertising campaigns and their impact on offline (brick and mortar) store sales. You will work on-site at the strategic client 20%-40% of the time, interfacing with the digital marketing and media functions, as well as the consumer insights team. Finally, you will identify opportunities to deploy expanded ODC capabilities in the areas of personalization/relevancy, online and offline marketing, segmentation strategies, and advanced reporting and analytic capabilities.
Your measurement related work will consist of:
• Running sophisticated measurement models to provide a causal sales lift for digital advertising campaigns, ensuring their accuracy and timeliness.
• Presenting measurement results to CPG Retail advertisers, and providing business recommendations that are actionable, and supported by thoughtful and thorough analysis of data, and communicated in a marketing-friendly manner.
• Conducting overviews of measurement methodologies and best practices to client audiences, establishing both subject matter and business credibility in the process. "Client audiences" may include both advertisers and their advertising agencies and/or media partners.
• Conducting "meta" analyses across several campaigns that uncover broader opportunities to systemically improve advertiser effectiveness.
In addition, you will become adept at identifying opportunities for deployment of additional ODC capabilities with CPG Retailers whose current engagement model centers around measurement of digital campaigns. In this role, you will:
• Identify opportunities for expanded OCD capabilities include best-in-class shopper segmentation, shopper intelligence platform, online and offline marketing, personalization and relevancy across all elements of the marketing mix (from e-circ to targeted direct mail/email, to personalized content), retail strategy and digital strategy, and advanced analytics in support of both the marketing and merchandising functions.
• Work with client partners and product strategy leads to tailor proposals and pricing to identified opportunities.
• Assist in the client-facing delivery of expanded analytic capabilities where appropriate.
• 8 years of demonstrated success in analytic leadership and/or analytic consulting roles in the field of marketing analytics, media analytics, marketing research, direct marketing, or analytic function at a leading CPG Retailer.
• BA or BS in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent quantitative discipline. MS or MBA with business analysis or quantitative focus preferred.
• Experience working with CPG Retailers and high proficiency leveraging shopper behavior datasets.
• Hands-on experience conducting analyses that interrogate large, diverse datasets, and translating findings into practical and actionable business decisions. This is a hybrid role, requiring a combination of hands-on analytic capability, the ability to effectively communicate complex analytics in a simple, client-friendly way, and the ability to use data to formulate actionable business recommendations.
• Experience in the digital media space, including analysis of online consumer behavioral data, targeting, digital measurement and/or attribution, etc. highly preferred.
• Success leading client relationships focused on utilizing data to enable decision-making, with strong presentation skills and experience interacting with CPG Retail clients across a range of functions (marketing, analytics/insights, media planning etc.) and levels (manager to director to C-level).
• Experience using analytics software packages to run and QC statistical models. Specific coding/programming experience is not mandatory, but will strengthen consideration.
• Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Demonstrated success in driving successful client and business outcomes in an environment where multiple stakeholders have separate interests and objectives.
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.