Principal Application Developer - Dev Ops
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
Posted: September 26, 2016
Reference ID: 160012DS
Oracle Health Science Global Business Group
Principal Member of Technical Staff - UI Developer
Bedford, MA or Burlington, MA
Oracle Health Science Global Business Group develops world class software that leverages technologies that optimize clinical R&D, mitigate risk, advance healthcare, and improve patient outcomes.
As a member of the Health Sciences Global Business Unit (HSGBU) development organization, you will specify, design and develop enterprise software and implement major changes to existing software architecture. A successful candidate will be a strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines. The ideal candidate should be self-directed and have experience and knowledge of software design, coding, and testing methodologies.
We are looking for a Front End developer to come join a small progressive team of UI Developers for Clinical 1, a new clinical trial product for Cloud Services that has not been released yet. You will work with cutting edge technology (Oracle JET, Knockout, etc), Cloud Native and Microservices.
• Architect, design, create and maintain the front end and back end of customer-facing cloud based applications.
• Help create and review system and software requirements.
• Help foster good software engineering practices.
• Follow relevant company procedures and help create and maintain relevant documentation.
• Actively participate in all aspects of the software engineering process.
• Prepare test cases to perform verification and validation of software.
Other ideal skills include:
• Experience developing in Java
• Thorough understanding of advanced relational database concepts, including physical and logical database design.
• Experience working on Cloud based solutions
• Experience with Agile Methodologies
• Experience with Oracle JET, Knockout or Backbone is a plus
• Experience developing UI for cloud services is a plus
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.