Job Description: BASIC FUNCTION
The Air Handling Unit Principle Application Engineer is a recognized subject matter expert and authority at the Business Unit (BU) or site. Performs a full range of field commercial and technical support functions including assignments requiring special qualifications/attainments. This position is based in York, PA. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide commercial, competitive and technical application support to the field sales organization on all aspects of Custom and Standard Air Handling Units with minimal direction.
- Works with a small team of technical employees to provide articulate resolutions to the field selling organization requests for AHU project support with a strong emphasis on Basis if Design.
- Provide application training and project management, as required, on Air Handling Systems for the field sales organization.
- Support Customer Visits (factory tours) as necessary.
- Participate in testing of AHU selection and pricing software.
- Work with the Field Sales organization, manufacturing, engineering, and Customer Service to resolve Air Handling Unit order issues.
- Work with engineering to develop cost effective resolutions to unique Air Handling Unit applications.
- Assist Airside Technical Service with field application issues as necessary.
- Develop technical documents to support field sales on various areas of air handling application as necessary.
- Work with marketing to develop selection and pricing software requirements as necessary.
- Determine best techniques/procedures/theories and apply them to analysis, design and/or research of air handling products.
- Use complex problem-solving techniques requiring regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Review and analyze engineering rules and documents as necessary.
- Recommend cost savings and value engineering alternatives for Air Handling Units and systems.
- Provide technical direction for other engineers, drafters or technicians on specific work assignments.
- Be proficient at preparing, checking, and coordinating the release of documentation to support Custom and Standard Air Handling products.
- Be proficient and extrapolating ideas into product requirements and apply the philosophy of concurrent engineering with manufacturing process.
- Conduct feasibility studies and systems analysis for new applications as necessary.
- Strive for continuous improvement and teamwork in product development and processes.
- BS degree in Engineering (ABET accredited) or related science
- Minimum of 7 years experience in HVAC industry
- Understanding of business principles
- Strong communication skills
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.