• You've got stories. Many years of experience as a software engineer have taught you valuable lessons that you will bring and share.
• You are an expert with data. Our engineers are experts in multiple technologies and multiple languages. You have a solid knowledge of the whole stack: REST APIs, relational databases, big data technologies, and batch processes.
• You want to own it. You embrace the challenges inherent in being fully responsible for an important part of our business, from helping to set a technical vision to continuously evolving products based on performance metrics.
• You're agile (and not just in the buzzword sense). You know how to succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and you enjoy doing so. In fact, you wouldn't have it any other way.
• You are a natural-born detective, and have fun even while diagnosing production issues, because solving problems is just part of what makes you tick.
• You have strong computer science fundamentals. Our large data sets and low latency solutions require a deep background in CS. BS or MS in computer science is preferred, but if you've acquired the chops in some other way then come show us.
• Experience architecting and delivering scalable, distributed microservices. •
Expert in at least one of Java, Ruby, or Python.
• Strong working knowledge of a SQL dialect.
• Excellent CS fundamentals.
• Experience with one or more testing frameworks.
• Experience or interest in learning Git.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Knowledge of or experience with Oracle 12c, MySQL, Hbase, Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Apache Spark, and Elasticsearch are all helpful.
Impress Us - Show us your work on GitHub.
About Oracle's Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU)
Oracle UGBU is a SaaS provider for the Utility industry, using behavioral science to improve consumer engagement and increase energy efficiency. Utilities from around the world provide energy usage data from tens of millions of customers to Oracle UGBU, which we then analyze and aggregate into key insights using the latest software technologies. The Data Platform group owns our most critical data sets, and provides both real-time services and batch analytics processes. We own everything from processing and validating inbound data to machine learning projects that drive energy savings and increase customer satisfaction.
Keywords: Java, SOA, Ruby, Spring, SQL, Hadoop, Linux, Agile
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.