Job Location: Tampa, FL or Cary, NC
The Principal Architect is a member of the broader Enterprise Architecture team within MetLife. The architect is responsible for the development of the conceptual and solution design for applications, platforms, and processes providing advantage for the MetLife Investments group. The successful candidate will have a strong capability to connect business concepts to applied technological solutions and then communicate them to all levels within the organization – this is critical for success in this position. The Principal Architect will be responsible for assisting in the adoption and implementation of common components, services and frameworks from the enterprise stack. This role is matrixed onto team projects, maintaining related project documents and architecture artifacts.
- Ensuring that the deliverable follow design patterns prescribed in the solution architecture.
- Collaborate with Developers, Infrastructure and Business personnel across all levels of the organization and will be able to synthesize disparate information into a viable architecture for the challenge at hand;
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring the strategic design solutions are implemented as prescribed
- Jointly create an maintain forward looking 3 year future state architecture strategies and artifacts
- Provides leadership in developing standards, architectural governance, architectural design & best practices
- Acts as a senior technology domain expert and technical authority
- Keeps abreast on current and future technology trends related to their technology area
- Mentoring developers and providing hands-on direction
- Communicate strategies effectively and ensure adoption of reference architectures; collaborate with other architects to ensure integrity of assigned domain or solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or related technical field (computer science, MIS, CIS, etc.)
- Superior written and verbal skills
- Broad, deep understanding of multiple technologies and reference architectures
- 5+ years of applied business solutions experience; with focus on integration & enterprise data architecture.
- 5 + years of experience with technology solutions, application services, integration and design patterns.
- 5 + years of experience in data engineering and architecture including ETL, modeling, OLAP, hierarchical topologies, federation, and data virtualization.
- 5 + years of experience of enterprise level infrastructure, platforms, middleware technologies, databases and application servers
- 5 + years of experience development knowledge with a solid mix of the following related technologies: C#, Java, Service Oriented Architecture, REST, WebAPI, Spring, JSON, XML, ability to design and develop shared components and frameworks, OOA/OOP & design patterns, NOSQL, HFS, HIVE, SQL Server services (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Prefer: Applied experience in Data Centric architectures; experience working in Capital Markets a big plus, MarkIT EDM, Master Data (MDM), enterprise data architecture / data modeling; or skills with Composite, Hadoop, GoldenGate, Informatica
Enterprise Infrastructure & Architecture
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 44181
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.