McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Card Marketing
Capital One is seeking an energetic and intuitive marketer with exceptional marketing skills for a Principal Brand Associate role in the consumer credit card business at Capital One. In this role, you will lead the development and delivery of brand and marketing strategies that are designed to grow Capital One’s flagship brands (Venture, Quicksilver, Wallet) and win with the Upmarket consumer segment. Our Upmarket credit card business is the public face of the Capital One brand (our products are on broadcast TV), and we’re in the midst of reimagining our brand and transforming our marketing strategy to enable incredible market share growth. This role is at the center of driving this transformation and creates a powerful opportunity for bold, innovative marketers seeking to work on one of the most recognized brands in America.
This individual will have proven ability to identify opportunities (consumer, marketplace, business) and deliver effective strategies that generate results. Experienced in strategic marketing planning, branding, and product development. Adept in both emerging and traditional channel marketing, and highly skilled in creating breakthrough marketing communications. Cross-functional team experience, as well as external agency and vendor management.
- Drives full marketing life cycle from initial strategy development all the way through integrated delivery
- Develops marketing strategies and marketing plans grounded in insights and in alignment with business growth goals
- Analyzes business results, marketplace trends and consumer insights to inform/advance positioning, product strategy, claims, branding and marketing strategy.
- Translates consumer insights into the development of new value propositions and marketing ideas
- Briefs and works directly with creative teams (both internal and external) to develop consumer communications, based on insight and brand positioning
- Collaborates closely with a diverse cross-functional team (product managers, analysts, channel experts)
The person will have:
- Passion to affect consumer behavior by uncovering consumer insights and human truths.
- Flexibility and detailed-orientation, must be able to handle multiple projects, deadlines and changing priorities simultaneously while maintaining excellent and accurate work.
- Highly effective communication skills with outstanding writing and presentation abilities.
- Experience with a variety of marketing channels (eg: DM, digital, PR, mass advertising).
- A proven track record managing agencies and delivering world-class creative.
- Experience leading and analyzing marketing metrics to inform marketing strategy.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams within an organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 4 Years of experience in Marketing within an agency or corporate environment in the areas of direct response marketing, brand marketing, advertising, channel marketing, or consumer marketing
- At least 4 Years of experience in a consumer-driven Fortune 500, CPG, or Agency Marketing environment
- At least 1 Years of experience in delivering presentations to a senior audience
- At least 2 years of work experience in financial services marketing.
- At least 4 years of multi-channel marketing and communication experience
- At least 4 years of experience managing creative teams and agencies, advertising and corporate marketing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.