Principal Associate, Central Projects & Compliance
Are you a forward thinking analytical genius who thrives on being a key contributor in a high energy financial services organization? Do you want to work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded? The Central Projects & Compliance team at Capital One is seeking to hire a Principal Associate to support the fast-paced and ever-evolving impacts of a dynamic banking industry on our operations. Our accountants are masters of accounting principles with a flawless understanding of the full end to end accounting process. You will be surrounded by intellectually curious accounting professionals every day, all with the end goal of creating a seamless, well managed client experience. As the demand for skilled accountants is at an all-time high – Capital One can provide an environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work. You and Capital One – Better. Together.
- Actively participate and assist with implementation of the Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) model, hailed as the leading change in bank accounting
- Executive visibility through recurring CECL implementation reporting
- Exposure to accounting, finance, and risk teams as part of the cross-functional CECL implementation effort
- Lead accounting initiatives for the extended team and communicate status
- Develop project plans, track completion, and communicate status to stakeholders on multiple workflows with competing priorities
- Support the identification, communication, and implementation of issued regulatory guidance and accounting initiatives
- Support the extended team as a subject matter expert, responding to ad-hoc requests.
The ideal candidate contains a proficiency in technical accounting with a proven ability to develop a deep understanding of applicable accounting guidance and regulations, and possesses strong written and oral communication skills. A limited amount of travel to various Capital One corporate locations may occur.
• Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
• At least 3 Years accounting experience, or at least 3 years of finance experience or at least 3 years of audit experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Bachelor’s Degree in Business
• Certified Public Accounting designation
• 5+ years accounting experience, or at least 5+ years of finance experience or at least 5+ years of audit experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position